Arthur James Bancroft
- Born: 14 Jan 1865, Winns Wood House, Hainsworth, Yorkshire, England 363
- Died: 1 Aug 1929, Knaresborough, Yorkshire, England at age 64 364
Notes 1977 from Steve Pick said he lived with his sister Anna Maria
1881 census shows he was an unemployed cotton worker
1891 census was mec planer, living with brother Pearson on Beta St. Keighley
8/21/09 found paper with his death and birth at Whinns Wood House (not Winn). FreeBMD has his death in Knaresborough aged 64
1901 aged 35 iron plater
In 1911 summary shows Keighley aged 46
There is a marrige in FreeBMD of James bancroft in Keighley June 1890 vol 9a page 361 but no female and another in 1892 page 386.
1901 census shows man 36 and an iron plater.
email from Arthur bancroft 26 Jan 2005 said he lived at Oakworth in Colne Rd
6/30/09 Added Cotton worker from Pam Colburn's chart
9/2/09 1901 Arthur J Bancroft 36 widow living 31 Kendal street Keighley.
There is a marriage of an Arthur in FreeBMD Dec 1892 and the bride could be Olive Olivia Stephens. There is a death in Keighly of Olive Bancroft on FreeBMD in March 1901 aged 41
Noted events in his life were:
• 1871 Census Oakworth Bancroft Jabez: Arthur J. Bancroft son unmar aged 6 Scholar born Bingley, 2 Apr 1871, Low Utley, Oakworth, Keighley. 365
• 1881 Census Bancroft: Arthur James aged 16,Cotton Worker unemployed , born Bingley, 3 Apr 1881, West Street, Huddersfield. 366,367
• 1891 Census Keighley Bancroft LP: Arthur Bancroft, bother, aged 26, Mechanic Planer, born Bingley, 5 Apr 1891, 2 Beta Street, keighley, Yorks. 368
• 1901 Census Bancroft Arthur: Arthur J Bancroft aged 36 Widow, machine worker, 3 Mar 1901, Keighley, Yorkshire, England. 369
• 1911 Census Keighley Bancroft arthur: Arthur James Bancroft head widower aged 46, born Keighley. Iron Planer, 2 Apr 1911, 19 Kendal street, Keighley, Yorkshire. 370 Machine tool maker