Mary Ann Boulger
- Born: 8 Apr 1842, Bristol, Gloucestshire, England
- Christened: 1 May 1842, Bristol, Gloucestshire, England 291
- Marriage: Bentley Baldwin about Jun 1865 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England 999
- Died: 20 Apr 1900, Holyoke, Hampden Co, Massachusetts at age 58 1004
Another name for Mary was Mary Ann Bulger.
Originally had birth of 1843 without location but the MA encyclop. gave more details. FreeBMD shows birthplace as Clifton, Bristol and spelt Bulger
http://www.immigrantships.net/v2/1800v2/republic18750419_1.html arrived NY 19 April 1875
237 Mary Ann Baldwin 33 F Wife England Steerage
238 Esther Jane Baldwin 6 F Child England Steerage
239 Hannah Baldwin 4 F Child England Steerage
240 Willaim Baldwin 2 M Child England Steerage
11/21/08 Changed name from Bulger to Boulger.
Note on her possible sister. 1881 Census down as Anne Platt, widow Annuitant aged 65 living at:
The Street, Oaksey, Wiltshire, England. Birth place Minety, Wiltshire, England
Achievements Ltd had father as Patrick born 1811 in Roscommon Co Athlone, enlisted in 1829 and discharged 26 March 1850 at Chatham. FreeBMD shows a death at Chelsea aged 69 in March qtr 1880.A william Ellison married Susanna Ellison in Minety 17 Aug 1788 batch 7123608; Sarah Ellison 28 Mar 1788/.
6/20/09 Note on possible sister 1901 census has Anna Ellisor Platt aged 85 birth place Minety, living at Oaksey and occupation living by own means.
1871 census living with Bentley Baldwin aged 55
1/23/2010 Can't find on 51 or 61 census
9/15/10 Photo from Betsy Baldwin has birth
3/28/11 changed death from 4/10/1900 to 4/20/1900. (Memory notice date not clear but familysearch has 20th)
Noted events in her life were:
• 1861 Census Bradford Boulger Patrick: Mary Ann Boulger unm aged 19 dress maker, born Bristol, Apr 1861, 66 Captain Street, Bradford, Yorks.
• 1871 Census Bradford Baldwin Bentley: mary Ann Baldwin wife mar aged 28 born Bristol Gloucestershire, 2 Apr 1871, 32 Paisley St., Horton, Bradford, England. 1088
• Death, 10 Apr 1900, Holyoke, Hampden Co, Massachusetts. To the memory of,
Mrs Bentley Baldwin
Died 20 April 1900 AGED 58 years
Once precious to our hearts is gone,
The voice we loved is tilled,
The place made vacant in our home
Can never more be filled.
Our father in His wisdomcalled
The boon His love had given;,
And though on earth the body lies,
The soul is safe in Heaven
3/28/2011 family search has address as:592 Northampton St. Holyoke. Burial at Forestdale.
Mary married Bentley Baldwin, son of Hugh Baldwin and Ann Bentley, about Jun 1865 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England.999 (Bentley Baldwin was born on 9 Jul 1841 in Bradford, Yorkshire, England and died on 11 May 1889 in Holyoke, Hampden Co, Massachusetts.)
Marriage from FreeBMD but there is no Mary A on the Bradford page. (later11/21/08 found Boulger on page 127 and bentley on page 129. Hadn't realized the layout of the information
In the Massach. encyclopedia it gives marriage as 1864